Frequently Asked Questions
We know what you can ask, here are some answers of your questions
How many years we are been working?
We are working since 2010. So its been 9 years we working for the betterment of people
How many volunteers are in OBHIZATRIK?
We have 3500 active young dedicated volunteer all over the Bangladesh.
Who is the founder of OBHIZATRIK?
Ahmed Imtiaz Jami is the founder of OBHIZATRIK Foundation.
Do OBHIZATRIK has government license to work?
Yes OBHIZATRIK Foundation is a government registered organization. OBHIZATRIK is registered under the society act 1886. Our registration number: S-12013
How many schools we have?
We have now three schools in Mirpur, Rayerbazar and Latarchar.
How does my donation a month go directly to the child education?
As a child sponsor, you are associated with one particular child. But your sponsored children do not receive direct cash benefits. Your monthly donation is pooled for maximum effectiveness, meaning your sponsored children receive the cash benefits in terms of all kinds of necessities: schooling material, nutritious food etc. Moreover, you also join forces with other sponsors to fund long term community development program.
How long is my Child Sponsorship commitment?
Your sponsorship is an ongoing commitment that helps your sponsored child and hence the literacy rate of the community increases as a whole. Your ongoing sponsorship allows you to witness the progress of your sponsored child as long as you are able to continue your support.
Is this “Real”? Do others sponsor the same child?
Each child is matched with only one sponsor. They are real children with real stories. Get to know your sponsored child through letters and emails, photos progress, updates and more. You can also visit your sponsored child whenever you are willing to.
How long will I be able to sponsor the same child?
Sponsorship is a long term commitment; however, the length of each sponsor depends on the needs of the child, his/her age or other circumstances. Sponsorship may end for various reasons, considering the situation of the child:
- Your sponsored child finishes his/her primary and secondary education from OBHIZATRIK School. In most cases, children are sponsored until they finish school and hence move to other technical/higher education.
- The family has moved to a different place/ community because of various circumstances.
In these cases, the sponsor will be notified immediately. If he/she is willing to continue their support, the donor can select another child from the profiles we send accordingly.
What is “Child Sponsorship in OBHIZATRIK Foundation”?
“Child sponsorship in OBHIZATRIK Foundation” is a unique kind of program that connects one child of OBHIZATRIK School in need with one donor. Becoming a sponsor means giving children the chance to grow up healthy, educated and safe – forever changing their life and future. The programs focus on improving the physical, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of the most vulnerable children. We allow donors to make monthly funding commitments to support individual children of OBHIZATRIK School with whom they may correspond and even visit to see the impact of their support.
What your Sponsored Child gets?
Sponsored children go from surviving to thriving. They receive:
- Regular monitoring of their progress and well-being.
- Primary and Secondary education.
- Hygiene class.
- Safety and security class.
- Motivational classes.
- Weekly health checkup and free of cost medical supply.
- Free of cost School Stationaries.
- Free of cost two set school dress, School shoe, bag, water bottle.
- Library, computer lab, indoor games facility.
- Weekly snacks and monthly lunch.
- Field trips and class parties are organized.
What you get when you sponsor a Child?
- Quarterly basis monitoring report and update of their progress.
- Complimentary greeting cards.
- Visits to your sponsored child.
- Yearly child photo.
- Quarterly newsletter.
Child Sponsorship is a selfless act. One of the major positive effects of donating money to charity is simply feeling good about giving. Being able to give back to those in need helps you achieve a greater sense of personal satisfaction and growth, it helps you to bring more meaning to your life.
How do I sponsor a Child?
- Once you have decided to sponsor a child, you can notify us through various medium.You can directly fill out the Child sponsorship form so that we can get all of your information. All information will be kept confidential. The link is given below:
Or you can directly reach us through our email: [email protected]
Or you can also contact our Child sponsorship department at 01701666306.
Once we have been notified, we will convey a greeting message and ask about your preferences regarding the child you want to sponsor. Accordingly, we will then send you a list of profiles of our children for you to select from. Your sponsorship helps to us to provide nutrition, education, basic healthcare, and hope to your sponsored child and his/her family. When you sponsor a child, you can build a relationship with your child through letters and photos. Sponsors who have the flexibility and resources can even arrange a visit to meet their child. When you sponsor a child, you get to watch the impact of your donation on your child, their family, and their entire community, celebrating with them along the way.
How much does it cost to Sponsor a Child?
- Your contribution of BDT 1,500 (USD 19 or AUD 26 or CAD 25 or EURO 17 OR Pound Sterling 15) per month, per child, will cover all necessary education costs for the sponsored child(ren), i.e., tuition, books, uniforms, stationery, school bags, shoes, monthly health check-ups, and weekly nutritious food.
Why Sponsor a Child?
Education is the only corridor to make a good human from a child. It is one of our main fields of work. Sponsoring a child is the most personal, effective way to fight against illiteracy. When you sponsor a child in need, you build a special relationship that encourages your child with hope for the future. Plus, your donations join forces with other sponsors to lift your child, their community, and other vulnerable children out of illiteracy for good. Everything we do has one aim – the sustained well-being of children. Your support helps pursue the physical, emotional, spiritual, and social well-being of vulnerable children.
How do I change from monthly support to yearly/ quarterly support?
Our Sponsorship Department can assist in changing your contribution frequency and can be reached at [email protected] or +8801701666306.
Payment schedules can be set monthly, quarterly or annually based on your preference
How do I contribute my donation?
There are numerous ways to contribute your donations.
If your donation includes monetary fund, the following options can be availed to contribute your donation:
- You can contribute your donation through online donation system. The entire procedure can be completed through an online donation form on our Website. In collaboration with SSL COMMERZ, we have accommodated a new payment gateway system in our website. Internationally, you can now pay your desired donation or monthly payment through your debit/credit cards (visa, master). Nationally, payments can be done from any account belonging to any bank, using your debit/credit card (visa, master) as well as through mobile banking. The link below for your consideration. The link is given below:
Before sending your donation you have to fill-up the billing address. Then click on the Confirm Donation button. It will redirect to the SSL COMMERZ payment gateway.
- You can pay your sponsorship through banking services.
Bank Name: Trust Bank
Account Name: OBHIZATRIK Foundation
Branch: Mirpur, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Swift Code: TTBLDDH
Routing Number: 240262987
- You can also pay your sponsorship through bKash. We have a separate Merchant bKash number for OBHIZATRIK Foundation. This will provide you the affirmation that the donation is directly reaching OBHIZATRIK Foundation’s account. Moreover, it will also assist us to keep the record of your payments more efficiently.
bKash Merchant number: 01701666305 (payment)
(Please use option three for payment and use reference: your name. Check attachment below for payment option)
You can directly scan this QR code(above) by your bKash app for donation.
- If the above processes don’t match to your preferences, you can also visit OBHZAITRIK Foundation and hand over the donation by yourself. Moreover, we can also send our volunteers to receive the donations from your desired locations.
- For international sponsors, we also accept donations through Western Union. Please email us for the details.
Can I set up a sponsorship as part of an organization’s CSR program?
Yes, you can set up a sponsorship as part of an organization’s CSR program. Through CSR funds, you can sponsor multiple children together. You can also donate education material or direct monetary funds.
What is Zakat?
Zakat is the annual payment made by Muslims to support those most in need. It is one of the Five Pillars of Islam and is a key part of the Islamic faith. By donating a percentage of your wealth in order to help those less fortunate than yourself, you can please Allah (SWT) while supporting your brothers and sisters across the world.
Who is eligible to pay Zakat?
Any adult Muslim who is working or earning more than is necessary to fulfil their everyday essential needs is expected to pay a percentage of their wealth as Zakat.
Who is eligible to receive Zakat?
“As-Sadaqat (Zakat) are only for the Fuqara’ (poor), and Al-Masakin (the needy) and those employed to collect (Zakat funds); and for to attract the hearts of those who have been inclined (towards Islam); and to free the captives; and for those in debt; and for Allah’s Cause (i.e. for Mujahidun – those fighting in the holy wars), and for the wayfarer (a traveler who is cut off from everything); a duty imposed by Allah. And Allah is All-Knowing, All-Wise.”